Friday, August 16, 2013

How to survive... out of college

Well, thanks to a recent inspiration from a friend, I think it's time to start writing again. I've entered a new chapter in my life. It's called "On My Own."  Don't let the title throw you though. It's not depressing or anything of the sort. Rather, I'm finally living life--not the college life that I had become accustomed (and regretfully comfortable) to, but a real 8-5, go out with friends, go to bed (sometimes) kind of life. The routine is good for me. It keeps me out of trouble for the most part, and pays most of the bills.

Though I haven't figured out the meaning to life past the number 42, I'm still praying that God will guide me and help me figure out what to do. I love my job right now, but I know it's not the career path for me. I've fallen in love with this town, but it's challenging to be 29 and living here at times--especially since I don't have a family here. However, I've had enough people in this town adopt me over the last 4 years that it's comfortable enough to survive. For the last 3 or 4 years, all I've wanted from Vermillion was to be accepted as a townie (in the good sense), and I feel like I might finally have my foot in the door. VCT has helped a lot, and I am more appreciative of the friendships I've made in that circle than I can possibly describe.

Next project: how to share my talents and abilities with this community...

No comments:

Post a Comment